6 Days – 5 Nights. CAN $1490.-
June 3rd to June 8th, 2013
September 23rd to September 28th, 2013
September 30th to October 5th, 2013
October 7th to October 12th, 2013
October 14th to October 19th, 2013
October 21th to October 26th, 2013
Custom dates available.
During this stay you will take part in various activities while discovering the spirit of Yukon : Pristine wilderness, First Nations culture and history of the gold rush.
- Day 1 : Meeting in Whitehorse. Sightseeing of the city of Whitehorse. Transfer to Alayuk Adventures ranch.
- Day 2 : Hiking at Carcross Desert, the smallest desert and visit of the village of Carcross located beside the splendid Bennett Lake.
- Day 3 : Canoeing or fishing at Lewes Lake. The evening, barbecue with the fish.
- Day 4 : Kluane National Park. Visit of the interpretation center. Hiking or flight seeing. (Flight seeing not included in the price). Visit of Klukshu, a first Nation village.
- Day 5 : Excursion to Annie lake and the beautiful nordic river Wheaton.
- Day 6 : Transfer to Whitehorse. Visit of the interesting museums.
Date : June to September.
Children : Half rate up to 12.
June and July, the days are very long. From mid August, the nights can be fresh. On the other hand, the nights are longer, the possibility of seeing northern lights increases. Autumn colors are at their best near the end of August and the first week of September.
Included : Transfer from Whitehorse to the ranch Alayuk Adventures and back. Professional guide with GPS, satellite phone, spray anti bear, bear canister. Equipment for all the activities. Meals from the lunch of the first day to lunch of the last day. Shuttle from Whitehorse to the departure and back.
Not included: Alcoholic beverages. Your travel/cancellation insurance, your health/repatriation insurance. Your personal expenses. Taxes (5%).
Meals : Picnic for lunch. Varied and balanced meals for dinner. If you wish special menus, we ask you to mention it at time of inscription.
Notice : For safety reasons, we will take the permission to change an itinerary. Every participant will be requested to sign a waiver of acceptation of risk.
Comfort : Shared bathroom. High speed internet.
Level: You should be fit and in good health. Beginner welcomed. Beginners are welcomed.
Climate : Yukon summer could be warm and usually dry but the weather is unpredictable. It is wise to have clothes for colder temperature as well as a waterproof jacket in case of rain.
Safety & Communications : Our guides are accredited with a wilderness medicine certificate. We have a satellite phone. We have a satellite phone, a bear spray, a GPS, a bear proof barrel for our food.