Hiking — Tombstone Mountains
This exceptional mountain must be seen at least once in its life.
- 7 Days – 6 Nights. Light Backpacking. CAN $1990.-
June 16th to June 22nd, 2013
July 2nd to July 8th, 2013
Custom dates available.
- 8 Days – 7 Nights. Backpacking. CAN $2200.-
July 15th to July 22nd, 2013
Custom dates available.
Departure from Whitehorse by vehicle (1200 km).
We propose two packages. The first one with 4 and half days of hiking (light backpack) and the sightseeing of the city of Dawson. The second is a backpacking trip of 6 days into the park of this fabulous mountain. Wildlife : black bear, grizzly bear, caribou, Dall Sheep, moose, wolf.
Tombstone Hiking – 7 Days – 6 Nights. CAN $1990.-
- Day 1 : Meeting with your guide in Whitehorse. Transportation by vehicle. We will drive the Klondike Highway North, stopping in interesting spots along the road. Camping beside the famous Klondike River.
- Day 2 : Hiking into the park. We will spend the night in tent in the middle of the Tombstone Range.
- Day 3 : By another route, hiking back to our vehicle. Then, we will go to the campground near the Dempster highway
- Day 4 : Hiking into the park without backpack. Back to the same campground.
- Day 5 : Sightseeing by vehicle along the splendid Dempster Highway. Short hiking and return to the park campground.
- Day 6 : Last day of hiking. Transportation by vehicle to Dawson. Meals and night at the hotel.
- Day 7 : Visit of Dawson and back to Whitehorse in the evening.
Tombstone Backpacking – 8 Days – 7 Nights. CAN $2200.-
Backpack between 15 and 18kg.
- Day 1 : Meeting with your guide in Whitehorse. Transportation by vehicle from Whitehorse to the Tombstones park campground.
- Day 2-7 : Backpacking 4 to 6 hours/day through the Tombstones park. Wilderness camping.
- Day 8 : Last day of backpacking and transportation by vehicle to Whitehorse.
Date : June to September.
Size of group : 2 people minimum (supplement for one person).
Children : Half rate.
June and July, the days are very long. From mid August, the nights can be fresh. On the other hand, the nights are longer, the possibility of seeing northern lights increases. Autumn colors are at their best near the end of August and the first week of September.
Included : Professional guide with GPS, satellite phone, spray anti bear, bear canister. Park’s fees. Meals from the lunch of the first day to lunch of the last day. Camping Gear. Sleeping Bag.
Not included: Alcoholic beverages. Your travel/cancellation insurance, your health/repatriation insurance. Your personal expenses. Taxes (5%).
Level: To be active and in good health. It can be compared with an alpine excursion. Creeks crossing possible. For several days trips, backpack to carry. We will carry food and gear (About 15 kg). Easy to difficult, depending on the trails.
Climate : Yukon summer could be warm and usually dry but the weather is unpredictable. It is wise to have clothes for colder temperature as well as a waterproof jacket in case of rain.
Safety & Communications : Our guides are accredited with a wilderness medicine certificate. We have a satellite phone. We have a satellite phone, a bear spray, a GPS, a bear proof barrel for our food.
Notice : For safety reasons, we will take the permission to change an itinerary. Every participant will be requested to sign a waiver of acceptation of risk.
Equipment : Comfortable hiking boots and backpack. Comfortable clothes with the possibility to cover arms and legs. Warm layer for the evening. Waterproof jacket. Hat, sun glasses, sun lotion, insect repellent. Optional : Walking stick, camera, binocular, flashlight.